Today, LEAF – a city-wide festival of Flowers, with all the grit, energy and vitality New York has to offer – announced its launch in Manhattan in June 2020.
To celebrate the announcement, LEAF brings a riot of color across the city with #NYFlowerWeek, blooming on Tuesday, June 11 and Wednesday, June 12, 2019. Featuring a series of official pop-up floral installations against some of Manhattan’s most iconic statues and plazas, New Yorkers will be able to come together and enjoy the beauty of nature.
Renowned New York-based florist and creator of the Flower Flash ™, Lewis Miller of Lewis Miller Design, has designed the centerpiece installation for #NYFlowerWeek, adorning Rockefeller Center’s iconic ‘Atlas’ statue with an elaborate floral garland. New York-based floral designer Kelsea Olivia Gaynor of East Oliva, a female-led floral and creative styling agency, will curate two of the official installations featured across Manhattan.
“Today, the world of Floriculture is in full bloom. In a city with an abundance of great floral design and designers, I am so pleased to present LEAF, a city-wide festival of Flowers,” said Moira Breslin, Founder of LEAF. “An opportunity for all New Yorkers to come together and enjoy the beauty of nature.”
“The Flower Flash was born out of a need to give back and do good. I love bringing Nature into such a gritty, urban environment and surprising unknowing New Yorkers with a geyser of fresh cut flowers bursting out of a New York City litter bin. Seasons are vanishing. Nature’s bounty and unbridled beauty is a luxury that everyone should be able to appreciate and enjoy. I am thrilled to partner with LEAF to quite literally bring Manhattan to full bloom. My hope is to reach a larger audience with my Flower Flashes and produce a positive emotional response through flowers,” said Lewis Miller, renowned Florist of Lewis Miller Design and creator of the Flower Flash.
Participating partners and locations where New Yorkers can partake in official #NYFlowerWeek activity include:
- Plaza de Las Americas – 175th Street and Broadway – Designed by Cape Lily
- La Ligne – 996 Madison Avenue – In support of Lewis Miller Design and the launch of LEAF, La Ligne will be giving away Lewis Miller hand-tied baby bouquets with purchase – while supplies last! – and offering a limited edition, floral painted pochette. A portion of the proceeds will be donated to The Central Park Conservancy. One night only: Tuesday, June 11 from 4-7PM.
- Atlas at Rockefeller Center – 630 Fifth Avenue – Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design
- The Flatiron Plaza – Intersection of 23rd Street, Fifth Avenue, and Broadway – Designed by East Olivia
- FlowerSchool New York – 213 West 14th Street – Designed by Calvert Crary, Executive Director of FlowerSchool New York
- Alamo at Astor Place – 149-179 East 8th Street – Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design
- Aesop Nolita – 232 Elizabeth Street – Designed by Aesop Nolita
- ‘Crosby the Cat’ Botero Sculpture at Crosby Street Hotel – 79 Crosby Street – Designed by Lewis Miller, Lewis Miller Design
- Crosby Street Hotel x Lewis Miller Design Afternoon Tea – 79 Crosby Street – A collection of floral-inspired pastries celebrating the launch of LEAF, a festival of flowers coming to New York in June 2020.
- Joe’s Jeans – 83 Mercer Street – Designed by B Floral: Design and Production
LEAF will be held in Manhattan in June 2020 and feature a series of ticketed programs to include floral arranging workshops, pop up gardens and installations, epicurean experiences and more. For more information, please visit www.leafflowershow.com or follow along on Instagram at @leafflowershow #leafflowerfestival.