DOORS OPEN AT 8PM FOR GENERAL ADMISSION & 7PM FOR VIP GUESTS!
Celebrate this Halloween with Count Orlok and the whole NYsferatu crew including the artist behind the film, Andrea Mastrovito. More Art invites you to a Masquerade Party Spectacular at The Box | Theater of Varieties.
The night will be filled to the brim with:
- Costume contest and prize sponsored by
- Live aerialists
- Live musicians (back from the dead)
- Horror cinema trivia
- and lots of delectable mortals (ehmm….WE MEAN UNLIMITED DRINKS!)
Das fest will be MCed by Miz Cracker
Celebrated drag performer and comedian extraordinaire, recently featured in Vice, NPR, Slate, and The New York Times
Live music, including:
- Marco Cappelli
- Sing-along with Andrea Mastrovito
Well…Costumes are not mandatory but HIGHLY recommended in the spirit of the masquerade. Grab your favorite vampire mask, a friend, and come party! STRICTLY 21 & OVER.
Become King or Queen of The Night by entering into our ghoulish costume contest guest judged by:
- Legendary Artist Andres Serrano
- Designer & Cultural Blogger Lori Greenberg
- Costume designer Karl Ruckdeschel, theatre productions include: Avenue Q, La MaMa, Cirque du Soleil
Vampire Progeny (General Admission) $75
General admission includes unlimited vampire-themed cocktails (plus beer and wine), cinema trivia, and a night of eccentric live entertainment! DOORS OPEN AT 8PM! Buy Tickets HERE
VIP Ticket & Table Packages
Vampire Kindred (VIP Package for 1) $350
Includes reserved table seating
Count Orlok’s Court (VIP Table for 2) $700
Includes table seating for two guests
Den of Shadows (VIP Table for 4)
Includes table seating for four guests
VIP Tickets include:
- EARLY ENTRY AT 7PM
- A tapas-style dinner with a champagne toast,
- A complimentary scary makeover service by professional makeup artists
- A special raffle open to VIPs only
- A chance to win a signed NYsferatu limited edition artwork with a market value of $550+
- An exclusive gift bag with a limited edition NYsferatu coloring book signed by the artist, a custom designed necklace, and horror-themed accessories.
All tickets include unlimited vampire-themed cocktails (plus beer and wine), cinema trivia, and a night of eccentric live entertainment.
The costume contest and prize is generously sponsored by Abracadabra NYC. After buying a ticket, ALL guests receive 10% off any purchase $75 up until the day of our Das Fest! (Ticket must be shown to receive the discount!) Winners of the contest takes home a vampire-tastic prize courtesy of Disck Threads and a grand prize – $150 gift certificate to Abracadabra to fulfill all their Halloween nightmares.
A little about NYsferatu…
NYsferatu is a hand-animated silent film updating the story of the 1922 film “Nosferatu” by Friedrich W. Murnau by resetting the horrors of the unknown in present-day New York City. This beautiful film, three years in the making and comprising 35,000 drawings, looks at the original story of Nosferatu (aka Dracula) from the perspective of the outsider and confronts issues of immigration, discrimination and xenophobia. Viewers of all ages should expect to see many familiar images in the film including iconic New York City landmarks like the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island as well as countless visual references to our current economic and political climate, rewarding multiple viewings.
The film is accompanied by an original musical score composed by Simone Giuliani. At select locations, the commissioned score was performed live by distinguished professional musicians, bringing a new layer of improvisational dynamism to the film.