Let’s face it, if they wanted a watch or necklace they would buy it themselves! This valentines day give your significant other what they really way – a vacation away from loud neighbors, screaming bosses, and lousy weather!
- Palm Beach Marriott Singer Island Beach Resort & Spa: Lovebirds looking to pull out all the stops can head to this AAA Four Diamond-rated all-suite resort located on its own private beach. Topping out at $10,009, its Ultimate Valentine’s Day Getaway Package includes limousine transportation from Palm Beach International Airport to the resort with Champagne, three nights in a one bedroom ocean view suite, Champagne and chocolate covered strawberries on arrival, beach cabana setup and unlimited use of non-motorized water sports (one day), a private dinner under the stars in the resort’s oceanfront gazebo, a four hour Ultimate Treasures of the Si experience at the award-winning SiSpa, a spa lunch for two, and Champagne breakfast in bed on the day of departure. The Ultimate Valentine’s Day Getaway requires 14 day advance purchase and a 50 percent non-refundable deposit. Package is based on availability.
- (Scottsdale, Ariz.): Couples can discover the “elements” of attraction over a romantic feast, or extend the affaire into a weekend rendezvous. Either way, Sanctuary’s fueling the fire this February. Snuggling by its outdoor fire-bowls is encouraged. Available Feb. 12-15 the Sweethearts Sanctuary Package provides ten percent off a two nights’ stay in a luxurious Casita, including one 60-minute spa treatment per person, Valentine’s Day dinner in elements, and a rose petal turndown. Rates for Friday through Saturday night start at $2,019, and $1,968 for Saturday through Sunday night, excluding gratuity and alcohol. For (almost) never-ending love, guests can extend their stay to seven nights, available Feb. 8-15 and starting at $4,713.
- Whiteface Lodge (Lake Placid, N.Y.): Bursting with rustic elegance at every turn, this award-winning all-suite Adirondack gem is a luxurious, romantic retreat for lovers. Views of snow-covered peaks, warm cast-iron fire places, exquisite dining at KANU, and an award-winning Spa, make the Lodge a natural choice for couples looking for an all-inclusive escape to the High Peaks. The Lodge’s Ultimate Luxury Package for Two includes a two night stay with wine and cheese on arrival, daily breakfast, two 50-minute Traditional Lodge Massages and a three course dinner in KANU. Lovebirds can catch a movie at the Lodge’s 56-seat movie theater, skate amongst the snowflakes on its own private rink, or cozy up in one of its two outdoor lean-tos over cocktails and a fire pit. Rates start at $546 per night.
- The Umstead Hotel and Spa (Cary, N.C., outside Raleigh): A secluded wellness sanctuary awaits couples at this luxurious Five Star retreat. Designed to pamper the senses, the In Harmony Package includes overnight accommodations in a suite, sparkling wine and hand-dipped chocolate covered strawberries on arrival, and a Swedish or Aromatherapy Couples Massage at The Umstead Spa. A dip in the spa’s open-roof current pool will cap off the healing experience. Rates start at $399 per night.
- 1000 Islands Harbor Hotel (Clayton, N.Y.) – Perched along the St. Lawrence River in the renowned Thousand Islands region, this AAA Four Diamond-rated gem offers couples the perfect respite for romance. Its Valentine’s Romance Package, available Feb. 12-14, features overnight accommodations; Champagne, one red rose and chocolate-covered strawberries on arrival; a rose petal turndown; and breakfast for two. Rates start at $189. An exquisite three-course dinner menu will be served at the hotel’s signature restaurant, Seaway Grille, Feb. 12-14 ($50 per person, excluding tax and service charges). Couples can make the most of their stay with access to an indoor swimming pool, heated whirlpool, spacious fitness center, and expansive bar, all showcasing breathtaking views of the rolling St. Lawrence River.
- Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa: set on the ocean of Pompano Beach, touted by TripAdvisor as a “destination on the rise”, this boutique-style resort is offering lovebirds a Couple’s Getaway with the simple pleasures of Florida beach living. With rates starting at just $319 per night the package includes overnight accommodations, Champagne and tropical fruit on arrival, breakfast at McCoy’s Oceanfront for two daily, and beach cabana each day. Couples can also unwind at the resort’s seaside sanctuary, SiSpa, for some well-deserved TLC. On Feb. 14, its signature restaurant, McCoy’s Oceanfront, will serve up a tantalizing five-course dinner menu, priced at $70 per person.
- Harbor View Hotel (Edgartown, Mass.): Vineyard charm and snow-capped beaches await at this historic Martha’s Vineyard landmark. Harbor View’s well-appointed Captain’s Cottage Suites provide the ultimate in comfort, luxury and privacy, with sweeter rates during the shoulder season to boot. Couples can savor gourmet New England fare at the hotel’s signature restaurant, Lighthouse Grill, featuring a gorgeous Victorian dining room with views of the Edgartown Lighthouse and Harbor. Quaint shops and galleries are just steps away. Cottage Suite rates start $349 per night and guestrooms start at $129 per night.
- Sofitel New York: This stylish midtown Manhattan hotel with a decidedly French accent combines the sophistication of Parisian Art Deco with 1940s Manhattan glamour for a romantic retreat amid a buzzing city. Ideally located in the heart of the theater district, couples are steps from their favorite Broadway show. Pre- or post-theater, classic French fare awaits at the hotel’s Gaby Brasserie Française. Spacious guestrooms and suites offer dazzling skyline views of such New York City landmarks as the Chrysler Building, and the 24th floor’s popular Prestige Suites provide an outdoor sanctuary with an expansive private terrace. Rates start at $219 per night.
- Renaissance Montreal (Montreal, QC, Canada): Making its highly anticipated debut on Jan. 18 in one of the romantic cities in North America, Renaissance Montreal makes for an inspiring retreat with its unique design and the vibrancy of its surrounding city. For guests who crave “wow” inducing dining experiences, the hotel’s artful East Restaurant will serve sumptuous Pan-Asian cuisine as well as inventive cocktails from master mixologist Lawrence Picard. The rooftop lounge terrace – the only rooftop of its kind in Montreal – is the perfect spot to catch a glimpse of captivating city views or to take a dip in the heated plunge pool. At just $199 CAD, this is an incredibly affordable holiday escape (particularly for U.S. travelers).